Episode 17 – Hamish Irvine
In this episode we welcome Leeds based photographer Hamish Irvine. A huge personality and talent with a colourful, personality filled style. It was a huge honour to chat to Hamish, he hasn’t spoken on many podcasts before and to hear his passion for photography / art and business was inspiring.
- Playing the saxophone, jazz music and music in general
- Work life balance, travel, burn out and do we create our best work at the start of the season?
- Should we be less involved in the wedding photography community?
- Working with couples and the importance of pre wedding shoots for Hamish
- Other genres of photography, squash (the sport, not the fruit)
- Websites, is it worth spending the money to have your website built professionally?
Members Only Content;
- VAT registration, why Hamish went VAT registered and his thoughts
- Marketing / leads – how’s 2024 looking for Hamish and where do most of his leads come from?
- Rant about art / social media and printing photos (it’s a good rant! and very interesting)
Other Photographers Mentioned;
To find out more about PKIR and to join – https://www.photographerskeepingitreal.com/
Don’t forget to check out Hamish’s awesome work here: